Submission of Abstracts February 15, 2008
Notification of Acceptance February 29, 2008
Final submission due April 30, 2008
Early Bird registration March 31, 2008
Conference period June 1-6, 2008
The President of ACURIL, Adele Merritt Bernard, invites proposals for Poster Presentations at ACURIL XXXVIII, to be held at the Rose Hall Resort and Country Club, Montego Bay, Jamaica from June 1st to June 6th, 2008. The theme of the conference is “the e-librarian: ideas, innovation and inspiration!”
The aim of the Poster Presentations is to provide a forum for information professionals to highlight and share successful ideas and experiences with colleagues.
What is a Poster Presentation?
It is a presentation on a poster board that publicizes a service, product, topic, problem-solving strategy, innovative programme or research endeavor focusing on the conference theme. It allows viewers to walk by and observe the particular work being presented, ask questions and share ideas.
Posters will be presented from Tuesday 3rd June, through Thursday 5th June 2008.
Poster presentations must address any of the sub-themes of the conference:
• E-Libraries, which may include e-services, as well as different e-tools available to librarians.
• E-learning focusing on how the librarian can use technology to teach, and covering such topics as distance education, literacy skills,
• Ethics and the e-Environment, including copyright
• Knowledge content management, collaborative platforms and tools in information units; and
• Digitization, focusing on database creation
How to Submit a Poster Proposal Abstract:
The deadline for poster presentation abstract is February 15, 2008. Poster presentations can be in any of the three official languages of ACURIL - English, French or Spanish.
Proposals may be submitted by e-mail or hard copy. Proposals must include:
- Poster presentation title
- Abstract (200 - 500 words)
- Name of presenter(s)
- Position/title of presenter(s)
- Employer/institutional affiliation(s)
- Mailing address(ess)
- Telephone/fax numbers
Format of Poster Presentations:
No electrical support or Internet connections are available in the poster area. An effective poster presentation must visually demonstrate the key elements or significant points of a theme, product or service related to the conference. Bulletin boards will be provided to display the posters. Presenters will be required to bring finished displays to Jamaica.
- The dimensions of posters should be 3 feet wide x 4 feet high; that is, 36 x 48 inches.
- Impressions may be in paper, from a Power-Point presentation or common poster characteristics.
- Screen prints, charts, drawings, photographs, and other graphics along with text, to illustrate the presentation, are encouraged.
- Lettering should be simple, bold, and easily legible from a distance of four feet.
- Posters may be accompanied with handouts.
- All materials to be displayed should be prepared before arrival. Supplies will not be available at the conference site.
By April 30, 2008, each presenter must provide one hard copy and one electronic format document. The electronic format document must be sent as a Microsoft Word file.
Font style: Times New Roman 11pt
Margins 1" all around
Page size: 81⁄2 x 11
Title heading – Times New Roman 12pt, Bold, centered all caps
Sub-headings – Times New Roman 11pt, centered
Name and title, institutional affiliation, e-mail - Times Roman, 11pt, centered.
Sub-headings: Flush left , bold, regular style.
Paragraph Indentation: 5 spaces from left
Paragraph spacing: Single
Bibliography citation style: American Psychological Association (APA)
Kindly submit proposals and enquires to:
Adele Merritt Bernard
c/o COK Co-operative Credit Union
66 – 70 Slipe Road
Kingston 5, Jamaica
Tel: (876) 926-0640 - Work;
(876) 815-3149 - Cellular
For Conference and Hotel Registration, kindly visit ACURIL XXXVIII-JAMAICA
E-mail contacts are: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org